Admission for NURSERY – XI
Nirjhar Higher Secondary School accepts both girls and boys as day scholars. Admission requirement are as follows :
1. Eligibility of Nursery is 3 years and above and KG is 4 years and above as on 01.01.2016. Children are selected on the basis of informal interaction with them as well as their parents.
2. Admission is granted purely on merit from KG class and onward. The school reserves the right to hold an entrance test to decide the merit of the applicants.
3. No request for a change in the choice of 2nd language will be entertained once the form has been submitted.
4. A BIRTH CERTIFICATE must be furnished along with the registration form for Nursery, KG and onward.
5. Every parent is required to submit the following documents at the time of admission. Failing which the admission will be treated as provisional and is liable to be cancelled after the expiry of the time determined by the school:
a. Transfer certificate/school leaving certificate duly counter signed by the District Education Officer/ Inspector of Schools.
b. Birth certificates from Municipality/ Corporation [for Nursery and KG only].
6. Name and date of birth of the student once entered in the Admission/ Registration form will not be changed.
7. Any student granted admission at any period of the academic session will have to pay full fees as applicable to students who have taken admission in the beginning.
8. The Admission committee reserves the right to admit a child after he/she is found suitable.
9. Parent/Guardian will be required to deposit the fees on the day of issuing of the admission order. Failing that the seat will be treated as vacant and may be filled by another candidate at the discretion of the principal.
10. Registration does not guarantee admission.
ADMISSION FOR CLASS XI – XII
Nirjhar Higher Secondary School accepts both girls and boys as day scholars . Admission requirements are as follows :
01. Students passed from Open School without Science & Mathematics will not be allowed admission in this school.
02. Attested photo copies of all documents such as School Living Certificate , Mark Sheet, Admit Card of Secondary Examination (Class-X)SC/ST Backward Class certificate should be attached with application form.
03. In case of Migration Students. “Original Migration Certificate“ must be submitted at the time of admission .
04. All admission will be provisional. subject to verification of the authenticity of the documents stated above .
05. Any student granted admission at any period of the academic session will have to pay full fees as applicable to students who have taken admission in the beginning .
06. The Admission committee reserves the right to admit a child after he/she is found suitable.
07. Parent/Guardian will be required to deposit the fees on the day of issuing of the admission order. Failing that the seat will be treated as vacant and may be filled by another candidate at the discretion of the principal.
08. No student can opt for the same subject in the compulsory elective and optional electives. Options are permissible according to school norms.
09. Selection of languages as Group-A or Group-B. As per HS Council Circular N0-1480(1600)/OSD/SD/89, to opt languages, the student should study the same languages in the Madhyamik or its equivalent examination.
10. Student having PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY & MATH only can opt for COMPUTER SCIENCE .
Students willing to be admitted with Science subjects have to secure 50% marks in Science subjects at the Madhyamik /ICSE/CBSE/Other equivalent Examination.
Minimum marks to be obtained in the Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination for opting:
a. Mathematics, Computer Science – 50% in Mathematics
b. Mathematics (and Commerce & Arts Stream) – 45% in Mathematics
c. Geography – 35% in Mathematics
d. Modern Computer Application – 35% in Mathematics
11. NO money is refundable after admission ( Including provisional admission ).
12. The commencement of Class-The date of commencement of classes in the New Session of 2016-2017, is June, 2016 at 07:30 am.
13. The PRINCIPAL reserves the right to cancel/refuse admission of any student.
RULES OF THE SCHOOL :
1. School Term:
The school academic session is divided into two terms.
First Term – January – June
Second Term – July – December
Terminal Examination is conducted at the end of each term.
2. School Hours:
Hours: 08:00am to 01:20pm
Day Scholar: 08:00am to 03:00pm
Day Boarding (Optional)
** Nursery to Class – II students will be released earlier.
There are two vacations during the year, the Summer Vacation in May, Autumnal Vacation in October. These holidays may not extend or anticipated.
4. No child is allowed to leave the school before the schedule timings. In any emergency cases, parents/guardians should make a written request to the Principal for the permission to leave the school earlier.
5. All students are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings. Each article should be marked with the pupils’ name. No electronic gadgets (iPod, Mobile & Camera) are allowed for students in the School Campus.
6. If a pupil fails to reach regularly the minimum marks in all subjects any concession that he/she enjoys may be cancelled.
7. Communications with parents/ guardians are made through the school diary. Parents/Guardians are requested to go through the school diary and to sign the remarks/ comments made by the Principal/Teachers. All communications should be addressed to the Principal.
8. Attendance: 85% attendance is compulsory for all the students. Names of pupils who have been absent from school for a period of 15 days without permission are liable to be struck of the Register.
Re-admission will be the prerogative of the school managing committee.
9. Special coaching arrangements are there for the academically weaker students’ which is a speciality of NIRJHAR Higher Secondary School.
10. Criteria for Promotion: Besides Annual Examination, Class/Unit Tests are conducted to monitor the progress of the pupil. This class/Unit Test are held according to the norms time to time prescribed by WBBSE Promotion is granted on the basis of performance of the student during the entire academic year. Equal weightage is given to all the terms and class/unit tests in the preparation of overall Evaluation Certificate.
In the event of leaving the school/ taking transfer in between the session a clear one month advance notice should be submitted to the Principal in writing. Transfer certificate will one be issued after arrears of the school and one month tution fees are cleared.
No money will be refunded except the caution money (which will be refunded only after the completion of academic session).
Student can be asked to leave the school for any of the following reasons :
1. Misconduct and using unfair means in the Examinations.
2. Non-payment of school fees.
3. Breaking school regulation.
4. Consecutive detention for two years in the same class.
5. The pupil fails thrice in school.
There is no provision for Re-Examination
The School Uniform
UNIFORM for Boys
BOYS Shirt – Lemon Yellow half sleeves with yellow shaded deep green tie.
Half Pant – Deep bottle green coloured with two side pockets.
Socks – White
Shoes – Black
Belt – As specified
Sweaters – Deep bottle green half sleeved with V neck & monkey cap.
UNIFORM for Girls
GIRLS Shirt – Lemon Yellow half sleeves with yellow shaded deep green tie.
Skirt – Deep bottle green coloured pleated.
Socks – White
Shoes – Black
Belt – As specified
Sweaters – Deep bottle green half sleeved with V neck, head scarf & slacks
White skates for P.T, Green, Yellow, Blue, Red T-Shirt according to the house the student belongs to.
Please note: Materials for the above uniform must be obtained from the school to ensure uniformity. No other shades of material will be accepted.